About the job
Who is Bukalapak?
Bukalapak is an Indonesian-based technology company that has recently completed its IPO to become the country’s most successful unicorn.
Bukalapak mission is to create a fair economy for all. We do this by building a platform that helps connect local stores to a world-class distribution, logistics, and payment network. At present, we have over 90 million users, across the web and mobile platforms and we’re growing exponentially.
About Your Responsibilities for the Role
As a Full-stack Engineer, your primary role is to support the design and development of high-quality backend services and APIs, with specific emphasis on long-term maintainability, resilience against failures, and high scalability. You are going to write code that integrates with various other systems, both within our platform as well as those made by third-party partners.
Together with other engineers within your team, you are fully empowered to own the systems within your area of responsibility in production. From self-deployments to adding real-time metrics and automated alerts, you aim to understand the behavior and heartbeat of your systems in production.
- Fully own end-to-end development (including design, implementation, automated testing, and deployment) and maintenance of robust, performant, and scalable web applications.
- Apply the best practice of agile software development within a fully autonomous product-focused team.
- Closely collaborate with other full-stack engineers and specialists from backend services, web frontend, mobile apps, security, and infrastructure on product and system design and ideation.
- Apply design patterns and design principles to produce maintainable and easy to extend code.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with teams across time zones.
What you need to have (i.e., Minimum Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent professional experience in software development.
- Strong experience in Golang and NodeJS is a plus
- Strong experience on both relational (MySQL, PostgresQL) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB and ElasticSearch) databases
- Linux experience
- General knowledge of networking and security vulnerabilities on web applications
- Smart, highly motivated, pragmatic, and results-driven
- Willingness to take charges regardless of big or small and learn new things
- Strong experience in object-oriented, functional, or event-driven programming practices
Bukalapak is an equal opportunity employer. Our hiring committee considers all applicants based on their merits and qualifications for each position. Bukalapak does not discriminate applicants on the basis of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We embrace diversity and encourage inclusion because we believe that to help create A Fair Economy For All, we need to build a workplace for all #BukalapakForAll