About the job
About The Role
At Gojek, data-driven culture flows through the vein of the whole organization, including the way we operate and utilize social media. As our social media strategist, you will work closely with the digital strategist and social media managers to make our social media winning the public’s attention in communicating the knowledge and perception of our brand and products through channels and campaign strategies. As you collaborate with the social media analysts, you will be surrounded by sources of data and insights that enrich your social media strategies: organic, earned and paid media strategies.
What You Will Do
- Build social media communication top line strategies. From observation and insights into social media communication strategy, providing way-in and content references for Social Media Managers, Social Media Specialists and Creative Team
- Bridge the gap between social media communication strategy and creative plan/execution. Social Media Strategists are responsible to make sure that the strategy is aligned with the execution
- Optimize social media channels and content performances to better reach and engage with our audience through organic, earned and paid media strategies
- Discover latest trend and opportunities to spark actionable creative social media marketing strategy
- Work with the digital strategist to set up Social Team OKR & Strategic Thrust; defining the most important digital / social media metrics for each strategy/initiative
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of relevant social media experiences, experience from agencies or start-up is bonus point
- Strong team player with a proactive attitude, a creative/innovative mind
- Analytical and results-driven – ability to analyze data to come up with action points for optimization and/or experimentation
- Robust and detail-oriented – ability to handle multiple campaigns at any given time
- A passion in digital platforms, particularly in social media, and a willingness to learn
About The Team
Our Social Media team, part of the Brand Marketing team, is a family of around 15 people based in Indonesia. We’re divided into two further subdivisions: Social Media Strategy and Social Media Operations. This role will sit within the former subdivision, teaming up with our powerhouse creative team in churning out innovative, thumb-stopping content for our social media channels.
Our main goal is to strengthen Gojek’s brand positioning and reputation, acting as the source of insight to guide our branding and marketing decisions. Our team is working on several projects now, including one about optimizing our social media channels through marketing technology whilst reducing traditional analysis through automating our social media data. One of our favorite past projects was our TikTok account launch (as avid TikTok users ourselves), in efforts to gain stronger front-line engagement with our audience.
When you join our team, you will be in a very close team made up of coffee drinkers, social media fanatics, anthurium collectors, and Netflix watchers. While working from home has been a strange time for a lot of us, we learn that Zoom Working Sessions–with no specific agenda–help us a lot, where our heads down working on our own tasks, separately but together. There’s something soothing about hearing the clatter of multiple people typing at once.
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.