About the job
Job Description:Life at GrabAt Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles – the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Team
We focus on humanizing big data, being a bridge between the technical and operational (market) side of business and to use data in order to align with strategic goals. If you like a good challenge and love to find new ways of interpreting data then you’re a perfect fit.
Get to know the Role
- Be our expert in using data to measure and analyse business performance in each of our markets and lines of business.
- Explore business issues/opportunities, uncover insights and/or identify targeted areas for business growth.
- Lead new data analytics capability rollouts in Corporate Analytics, Investor Relations and Compliance.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, and business operations, to understand their data needs and develop innovative analytical approaches to address complex financial challenges.
- Utilize statistical and machine learning techniques to analyze large datasets and derive meaningful insights that drive business decisions, improve financial performance, and mitigate risks.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data science, finance, and analytics, and leverage this knowledge to enhance the organization’s data-driven capabilities.
- Design market/business intelligence reports, performance measurement dashboards and other data products with focus on Corporate Analytics, Investor Relations and Compliance domain.
- Effectively communicate complex analytical findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including senior management, through clear and concise reports, presentations, and visualizations.
- A Bachelor’s/Masters degree, preferably in Analytics, Statistics or Engineering.
- 3 – 6 years of experience or multiple internships in Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data Science role, preferably in an Internet or ‘Direct to Consumer’ company with large, complex, high velocity data
- Experience in business, strategy and/or tech consulting would be an advantage.
- Experience using Big Data technologies (Spark, PySpark, Databricks) is a strong plus.
- Strong foundation in data query/manipulation using SQL and data visualization using tools like PowerBI.
- Experience in working with stakeholders in the Investor Relations and Corporate Strategy domain is a strong plus.
- Effective communicator to both technical and business audiences.
- Passionate about solving problems – possesses a relentless need for investigation and data exploration.
- Results and detail-oriented, with strong intuitions on how to solve problems creatively and quickly.
We recognize that with these individual attributes come different workplace challenges, and we will work with Grabbers to address them in our journey towards creating inclusion at Grab for all Grabbers.