About the job
About The Role
If you’re looking to be a part of a dynamic, data-driven team and an opportunity to hone your data skills, look no further. As Risk Data Analyst, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture and data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. Additionally, you will work closely with Risk teams in GoTo Group to help identify risk use cases across the business units (Gojek, GoPay, and Tokopedia) and associated data assets that must be developed. The cherry on top: you’ll get to be a part of a team that works to make Trust and Safety a top priority at GoTo.
What You Will Do
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with Data Engineers to build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various sources using SQL and Google Cloud Platform technologies.
- Work with the Business Risk team to build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders, including the Data, Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to achieve greater functionality in our data systems.
What You Will Need
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with various databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- We are seeking a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data related role who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools: Familiarity with Kafta or similar data streaming platform
- Preferably experience with: Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra, Airflow or suitable equivalent data pipeline and workflow management tool, Google Cloud cloud services, Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc, Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, etc.
About The Team
Our objective as GoTo Risk Team is to ensure a safe and trusted ecosystem that our users can trust, rely on, and love to return to. To manifest that objective, we oversee risk strategies and practices of all GoTo customer journeys to improve Trust and Safety for all GoTo users. We work with risk teams in the GoTo Group to ensure best risk practices are shared and our users have consistent treatment in the GoTo ecosystem.
Our Risk Analytics team comprises members based in Indonesia & Singapore. We’re a tight-knit group bonded by trust, safety, and personal growth and well-being 🙌. We work hard and play hard, and support each other. What drives us is our shared sense of Trust and Safety. When we aren’t busy fighting risks, we enjoy bonding over our love of good food, playing bridge or poker, finding the best running track in our cities, and shopping.
About GoTo Group
GoTo Group is the largest digital ecosystem in Indonesia with its mission to “Empower Progress’ by offering technological infrastructure and solutions for everyone to access and thrive in the digital economy. The GoTo ecosystem consists of on-demand transportation services, e-commerce, food and grocery delivery, logistics and fulfillment, as well as financial and payment services through the Gojek, Tokopedia and GoTo Financial platforms.It is the first platform in Southeast Asia that hosts these crucial cases in a single ecosystem, capturing the majority of Indonesia’s vast consumer household.
Gojek is Southeast Asia’s leading on-demand platform and pioneer of the multi-service ecosystem with over 2.5 million driver partners across the regions offering a wide range of services such as transportation, food delivery, logistics and more. With its mission to create impact at scale, Gojek is committed to resolving consumer problems and raising standards of living by connecting consumers to the best providers of goods and services in the market.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial accelerates financial inclusion through its leading financial services and merchants solutions. Its consumer services include GoPay and GoPayLater and serve businesses of all sizes through Midtrans, Moka, GoBiz Plus, GoBiz, and Selly. With its trusted and inclusive ecosystem of products, GoTo Financial is open to new growth opportunities and aims to empower everyone to Make It Happen, Make It Together, Make It Last.
Tokopedia is an Indonesian technology company with a mission to democratize commerce through technology. It has been a driving force behind Indonesia’s digital development since its foundation in 2009, with more than 99% of districts and empowered around 12 million merchants listed nationwide. With Nakama ranging all across Indonesia, Tokopedia aims to simplify the lives of many to #FindYourPurpose together.