About the job
Job Description:Life at Grab:At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles – the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour, and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.Get to Know the Team:The Public Affairs ID team is a young/established/longstanding team responsible for managing public stakeholders at the regional level and ensuring that Grab business can operate smoothly with no/minimum disruption from relevant stakeholders. We make an impact by executing a variety of strategic projects with support and endorsement from local government entities. Our team is made up of people who enjoy learning and collaborating across multiple divisions. If these missions align with yours, then you should join our team!Get to Know the Role:We are looking for a Public Affairs Executive, East Java and Kalimantan to be our representative that can manage public stakeholders at the regional level. We believe a successful candidate has the ability to build relationships and manage the existing ones with Government officials including a good social and communication presence, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. This role is required because we want to extend our flagship programs to hyperlocal initiatives. In return, you will get an opportunity to grow inside a multi-diverse team.The Day-to-Day Activities:
- You become a credible and resourceful representative of the Public Affairs function in the designated area.
- You build and maintain relationships with regional stakeholders including but not limited to Heads of Regional Development (Governor/Mayor/Regent), its working-level divisions and Regional Military and Police Key Officers.
- You will monitor, execute and track PA initiatives in the territory.
- You will support our main OKRs from business such as growth, profitability, and revenue by advocating supportive policy.
- You are responsible for extending national flagship programs to hyperlocal initiatives.
- You collaborate with the Partner Engagement Team to manage driver-partners’ conduciveness, especially to prevent and/or manage potential crises at the regional level.
- You make an impact by collaborating with the overall PA team for corporate objectives alignment, troubleshooting, and communication purposes.
- You will be based in Surabaya.
- You have Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility
- You have an extensive regional network with Government entities, local authorities, military, police forces, and other crucial stakeholders in the designated area with at least 5 years of experience.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university.
- You can take initiative and work independently.
- You showcase an ability to create a clear structure of stakeholders and issue mapping including deriving solutions.
- You are knowledgeable about having a good social and communication presence.
- You can work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- You have experience working with governments and government projects.
- It would be an advantage if you have strong proven skills in advocacy and creating strategic projects.
Our Commitment:We recognize that with these individual attributes come different workplace challenges, and we will work with Grabbers to address them in our journey toward creating inclusion at Grab for all Grabbers.