- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 17 years of experience in advertising sales/marketing and sales management.
- Experience working at an executive level within the agencies business, as well as people management experience.
- MBA degree.
- Experience and success devising breakthrough plans to achieve new business.
- Knowledge of Google and YouTube products.
- Ability to drive results in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to mentor a team in an effort to drive their performance.
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing businesses grow. Using your relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
You will be a member of Google’s Leadership on the Large Customer Sales team, with responsibility to influence Agency teams in other channels as well as to co-create a third-party ecosystem strategy for the market. You will work collaboratively, cross-functionally, and cross-country to bring together the best team for each customer to develop long-term, strategic relationships. You’ll also be a thought leader on the impact of technology.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We’re uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google’s broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Develop and execute a long-term strategy for driving partnerships and ad sales with agencies on a national/international level.
- Create and execute business growth strategies, account plans, and business processes for assigned list of key partners, and establish and develop C-level relationships with agencies and advocate for Google solution within third-party ecosystem.
- Build and maintain a high-performing team, and represent Google as a keynote speaker at industry events, developing Google’s brand, and identifying prospective partners at industry events.
- Contribute strategically to the growth and direction of Google’s products and services, and ensure compliance to Google standards, policies, and best practices.
- Lead a cross-functional team of partner managers, Business Development, and Account Management teams, and liaise with teams who support our business, including Sales Finance, Sales Operations, Marketing, and product specialists.