About the job
If you’re a data analyst at heart, this role is for you! because you’ll be mining insights from the sea of data, building data products, and designing experiments with the ability to see the real-time impact of your contribution. You’ll get to work with a talented troop of business leads, product managers and fellow data folks, and spend the majority of your time diving deep into some of the most challenging analytical problems in Gojek Transport- Southeast Asia’s leading and fastest-growing ride-hailing business – including Product Experience, Partnership, Strategy & Planning streams.
What You Will Do
- Design and analyse experiments
- Perform exploratory data analysis using SQL and Python and present interesting findings to business stakeholders to drive business and strategic decisions
- Build self-serve data products such as dashboards (Google Data Studio) and tables to reduce time to insights
- Help to maintain data pipelines using tools such as DBT
- Perform advanced analytics when needed (such as building machine learning models using Python)
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 2-3 years of practical experience in SQL and Python (there will be a technical phone screen to test you on this!)
- Prior experience with applied statistics, and experimental design (there will be a technical phone screen to test you on this!)
- Able to tell a coherent data narrative using visualisation tools and able to set best practices in data visualisation to convey a product insight through impactful graphs
- Proven ability to recognize business needs and ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders including PMs, business and operations
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
Our team, Marketplace Business Intelligence (BI) leverages its expertise and skills in data and analytics to solve some of Gojek’s core and most crucial issues. Gojek, as a marketplace platform for ride, food delivery and logistic services, has to deal with issues related to matchmaking and pricing on a daily basis. What’s the best driver incentive scheme given budget and supply targets? How can pricing be adjusted to maximise revenue? Why are drivers with certain characteristics more likely to complete long-distance trips than others? These are some of the complex questions that Gojek has to answer to ensure the reliability of its marketplace. So it goes without saying that our team is equipped with Gojek’s vast amount of data and superb analytics tools.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal and professional growths, too. Along with keeping fit (via badminton and table tennis), our team bonds over our shared love of travelling and eating.
About GoTo Group
GoTo Group is the largest digital ecosystem in Indonesia with its mission to “Empower Progress’ by offering technological infrastructure and solutions for everyone to access and thrive in the digital economy. The GoTo ecosystem consists of on-demand transportation services, e-commerce, food and grocery delivery, logistics and fulfillment, as well as financial and payment services through the Gojek, Tokopedia and GoTo Financial platforms.It is the first platform in Southeast Asia that hosts these crucial cases in a single ecosystem, capturing the majority of Indonesia’s vast consumer household.
Gojek is Southeast Asia’s leading on-demand platform and pioneer of the multi-service ecosystem with over 2.5 million driver partners across the regions offering a wide range of services such as transportation, food delivery, logistics and more. With its mission to create impact at scale, Gojek is committed to resolving consumer problems and raising standards of living by connecting consumers to the best providers of goods and services in the market.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial accelerates financial inclusion through its leading financial services and merchants solutions. Its consumer services include GoPay and GoPayLater and serve businesses of all sizes through Midtrans, Moka, GoBiz Plus, GoBiz, and Selly. With its trusted and inclusive ecosystem of products, GoTo Financial is open to new growth opportunities and aims to empower everyone to Make It Happen, Make It Together, Make It Last.
Tokopedia is an Indonesian technology company with a mission to democratize commerce through technology. It has been a driving force behind Indonesia’s digital development since its foundation in 2009, with more than 99% of districts and empowered around 12 million merchants listed nationwide. With Nakama ranging all across Indonesia, Tokopedia aims to simplify the lives of many to #FindYourPurpose together.
GoTo and its business units, including Gojek, Tokopedia, GoToFinancial and GoToLogistics (“GoTo”) only post job opportunities on our official channels on our respective company websites and on LinkedIn. GoTo is not liable for any job postings or job offers that did not originate from us. You should conduct your own due diligence to prevent being victims of any fake job scams, if they did not originate from GoTo’s official recruitment channels.