About the job
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles – the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Team
The Communications Team is responsible for telling the Grab story and increasing positive conversation, engagement, and sentiments toward the company. Whether speaking to media and online influencers, industry commentators, or the wider community, the Communications team is the voice and gatekeeper of Grab.The Communications Team is a strategic partner to various business functions in Grab. We help to drive their business objectives by ensuring that both internal and external stakeholders understand and support Grab’s vision and business strategy, including but not limited to corporate partnerships, new products, partner programs, marketing campaigns, and internal programs.
Get to know the Role
- Plan, coordinate, and execute public relations campaigns aligned with company-wide objectives, budget management, and target tracking.
- To succeed in this role, you need to be an agile, self-motivated individual who can perform in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Create, implement and manage communication strategies and action plans that align with the company’s vision and business objectives.
- Serve as an effective filter for the various business units in helping to determine to Grab messages’ credibility, defensibility, and news value.
- Proactively promote stories and other publicity opportunities advantageous to Grab Indonesia.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the most influential media and influencers in Indonesia
- Create content such as press releases, thought leadership articles, messaging, executive media briefings, issue and crisis management strategies and tactics
- Field and prioritize requests and media engagements
- Organize and oversee media and influencers-related events
- Effectively manage the response to incidents, issues, or crises, and manage programs to mitigate negative impacts of incidents affecting Grab.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with Grab business stakeholders
- Analyze metrics to determine the output and value of PR results and use the data as a critical planning tool
- Drive regular planning and alignment meetings with key stakeholders.
- Manage the PR agency according to the given budget and business requirements.
- Possess strong existing media relationships with a diverse range of editors, reporters, and thought leaders
- Experience working with business and tech media advantageous
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams, including social media, legal, product, marketing, and partnership teams
- Strong writing and story-telling skills
- Excellent command of Indonesian and English (written and spoken)
- Experience in public relations and digital PR; in an agency preferred
- Experience working in a fast-growth company
- A collaborative self-starter who can work independently, a hands-on team player, and self-motivated
- A creative flair and curiosity to push new ideas
- Years of experience: 6-8 years
We recognize that with these individual attributes come different workplace challenges, and we will work with Grabbers to address them in our journey towards creating inclusion at Grab for all Grabbers.