About the job
As an Arabic Speaking Account Payable Accountant within our team, you will report to the Assistance Account Payable Manager for Shared Services, and support the ongoing transfer of knowledge and work from our locally based finance teams to the regional shared services hub. We started our shared services team in late 2016, and during 2017 we have transitioned work from the locally based teams to this team. The strategy has been highly effective and we are continuing to embed these new ways of working in our company. You will play a key role in ensuring the effectiveness of the ongoing financial operations, and will be expected to take complete ownership for your areas of focus.
Indicative tasks include, but not limited to:
- Take responsibility for accounts payable tasks with efficiency and accuracy including: vendor invoice processing for a high volume of invoices and disbursements, vendor communication, internal control monitoring, developing and maintaining high quality and efficiency.
- Ensure proper controls on disbursements and electronic payments.
- Achieve required deadlines for monthly, quarterly, half year and year-end close.
Skills & attributes – what you bring us :
- Fluent in both Arabic & English
- Bachelor’s degree in in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in an accounting function
- Large ERP AP system experience, (SAP preferred).
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with vendors, team and management
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Hands-on and solution-oriented
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The learning. We invest in training and developing our teams, and you will continue evolving and building your skills through personalized career plans.
- The culture. As a leading beauty retailer within the LVMH family, our reach is broad, and our impact is global. It is in our DNA to innovate and, at Sephora, all 40,000 passionate team members across 35 markets and 2,700 stores, are united by a common goal – to reimagine the future of beauty.
You can unleash your creativity, because we’ve got disruptive spirit. You can learn and evolve, because we empower you to be your best. You can be yourself, because you are what sets us apart. This, is the future of beauty. Reimagine your future, at Sephora.
At Sephora, we stand together and we stand for something more since 1969. For empowerment, for exploration, for the opportunity to impact people’s lives through the unlimited power of beauty. As part of the LVMH family, Sephora’s excellence, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit have made us the world’s leading beauty retailer growing twice faster than the market. With our 3 000 stores & corners in 36 markets and our 31 websites, we offer clients a unique retail experience with innovative services and nearly 300 beauty brands including Sephora’s own brand, Sephora Collection.
Beautifying people’s lives is a full-time challenge that our more than 46 000 passionate in-store and Head Office team members tackle every day. At Sephora, you can unleash your creativity, because we’ve got disruptive spirit. You can learn and evolve, because we empower you to be your best. You can be yourself, because you are what sets us apart.
Sparked by energy and excitement, our passion is contagious. So if you are ready to make your mark at a leading global retailer and belong to something beautiful, join us and reimagine your future, with Sephora.